Wednesday, October 8, 2008

And She's Off......

Baby number 2 has officially entered the next stage of infanthood: CRAWLING. Last night we got to meet Brody Hurst, and it's amazing how much of a difference a month makes. Nora just is taking her first crawls, and Mr. Brody (born almost a month before Nora) is all over the place, pulling up and cruising, and even letting go to balance himself. While Nora seems a little less motivated than Brody to get up and go (she'd rather just start crying cuz she's knows mommy will always come pick her up then) I bet she'll have improved by leaps and bounds over what her current crawling ability is today. Brody also reminded me the difference, at least with my children, between girls and boys. Seeing him thunder around on the carpet I was reminded so much of Oliver at that age. He could really care less about the people in the room; he had places to go and stuff to explore. Nora, contrarily, spent most of her time looking around for mommy, grandma, grandpa, or her big brother before heading for a person to maul (her new favorite thing) and interact with. She likes clapping repeatedly until you mimic her; then gets this look on her face like she's so proud she initiated this game.

Now a note on the boy:
Last weekend marked our first REAL visit to Tustin Tiller Days. I took a chance and got Oliver and I unlimited passes for the rides (just 6 months ago he was terrified to go on the Merry-go-round) and he LOVED it. We went on everything he could, and some rides more than once. His favorite by far, though I thought the most boring, was a little pint-sized canoe that goes around a little water track and through tunnels, and teepees. We had to do that about a million times, and he would have kept going again and again. So proud of himself and his nautical accomplishments. They had this racecar ride, our last of the day, where it basically whips you around the corners. There were two older boys in front of us who put their hands up in the air, and next thing I know Oliver is putting his hands in the air around the corners. Too funny: Monkey See Monkey Do!

I took this a few nights ago of Nora:

No comments: